Peace and Justice
Trouble on the home front
It's getting harder to make the American dream a reality these days, especially for those on an already tight budget. Kevin Clarke highlights what Catholics are doing to help families make it through the front door.
With liberty and health care for all
Kevin Clarke diagnoses the U.S. health care system's problems and talks to some folks who think they've found a cure for all that ails it.
6 ways to be a conscientious Catholic consumer
Should what you hear in parish pews make any difference to the products you pull off store aisles? Tom Beaudoin offers this faithful checklist to accompany your next shopping excursion.
Are you a social sinner?
Catholic social teaching has been called the church's best-kept secret, but the biggest secret of all may be the church's teaching on racism, says moral theologian Father Bryan Massingale in an interview with the editors.
Archive of Peace and Justice Articles
Resources from Claretian Publications:
- The Busy Christian's Guide to Catholic Social Teaching, an online timeline with handy summaries of all the church's major social documents beginning with Rerum novarum in 1891 and continuing through Centesimus annus in 1991.
- Salt of the Earth: Your free online resource for social justice: Message area, legislative alerts, social justice news, organizing aid and self-help, social justice stats and linked resources, and more.
- Catholic Campaign to End the Death Penalty
- Catholics Against Capital Punishment
- Catholic Peace Fellowship
- CST resources from the Office of Social Justice—St. Paul/Minneapolis
- Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the ChurchDeath Penalty Information Center
- National Catholic Rural Life Conference
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- Network—A national Catholic social justice lobby
- Pax Christi USA
- The 8th Day Center for Justice
- USCCB Office of Social Development and World Peace